Your digestive system is amazing, and it breaks down food and liquid into the components our bodies need which are carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
It is made up of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract and the liver, pancreas, and gallbladder. Our body absorbs these nutrients here and then uses them for energy as well as repairing our cells. We actually begin the digestive process in our mouth. Digestion then moves down into the esophagus and stomach, where the breakdown of food begins. The esophagus is a hollow tube that leads from the throat into the stomach. The walls of the esophagus propel food through muscular waves called peristalsis.
In the stomach, food is broken down and then passes into the small intestine. Typically, food remains in the stomach for about 2 – 4 hours. The small intestine is about 20 feet long in the average person. Our body absorbs nutrients here and sends them into the bloodstream.
Here are some of the common ailments of the digestive system:
- Heartburn which is commonly called GERD
- Peptic Ulcers
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
How do we keep our digestive system healthy?
- Stop smoking if you still have this habit
- Manage your weight and keep it in a healthy range
- Have a balanced and healthy diet:
- Eat 5-7 servings of fruits and vegetables every day
- Choose whole grains
- Limit the amount of beef and pork in your diet
- Consume foods with probiotics
- Limit foods that contain sugar and animal fats
- Be sure to exercise several times a week even if this only means walking but make sure it is a brisk walk and done for at least 30 minutes
- Manage your stress level; find the source of your stress and make changes in your life
- Add relaxation therapies to your daily routine
BOOMERS FOREVER YOUNG can provide several products to assist with digestive system. We highly recommend the following:
- PREMIUM PROBIOTICS WITH METABOLITES: These are the beneficial living micro-organisms that live in our intestinal tract and supports digestive health. The bacteria here is called “gut flora” or microbiome.
- DIGESTIVE ENZYME COMPLEX: These capsules promote healthy digestion and helps to breakdown carbohydrates, proteins and fat.
Or Purchase together as the Pro-Enzyme Pack to save even more!