Garlic and Bacon Green Beans sautéed in olive oil and butter in a large skillet on the stovetop – an easy and delicious way to prepare green beans. The beans are crispy and crunchy—an especially perfect recipe for the Fall and the Winter.
I love garlic with just about anything, and the green beans are no exception! Sauteed garlic tastes GREAT with green beans and bacon!
This is a great side dish for many grilled meats, and it’s perfect for the holiday menu on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve.
HOW TO MAKE GREEN BEANS WITH BACON AND GARLIC
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add 1 pound of fresh green beans and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. The water should be just above the beans.
- Boil on medium heat for 5 minutes. Drain the beans.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add 6 cloves of minced garlic and saute, constantly stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- Add chopped cooked bacon (drained of fat) and green beans (cooked and drained).
- Saute on medium heat for about 1 minute to combine all ingredients.
- Remove from heat. Season with more salt, if needed
- 1 pound green beans , fresh, rinsed, ends trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 garlic cloves , minced
- 6 bacon strips , cooked, drained of fat, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add green beans (water should be just above the beans), and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes, drain the beans.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook it, constantly stirring, for about 30 seconds. Add chopped cooked bacon (drained of fat) and green beans. Saute on medium heat for about 1 minute to combine all ingredients. Remove from heat. Taste and add more salt, if needed.